THE NORTH & SOUTH WEST DURHAM LEARNING FEDERATION
‘Working together to achieve excellence’
Provide an exceptional standard of educational provision for 2-19 year olds.
Share skills and best practice.
Share governance and strategic direction.
Support a smooth and effective transition for all pupils.
Provide wide ranging educational enrichment.
The Oaks Secondary School
- To provide pupils with a broad, balanced, and relevant curriculum, through which they experience a wide a range of appropriate educational opportunities
- To provide a safe, caring and supportive environment.
- To challenge and encourage pupils to achieve their potential in terms of academic achievement, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual, moral and cultural awareness.
- To encourage tolerance, understanding and respect for the cultures, rights, beliefs, feelings and property of others.
- To develop in pupils a responsible and independent attitude towards work and towards their future roles in society.
- To foster emotional and physical health and wellbeing
- To create a climate in which pupils’ self esteem and self confidence can grow and develop
- To enable pupils to achieve as much independence as possible during their time in school to prepare them to take their place as valuable and valued members of society.