THE NORTH & SOUTH WEST DURHAM LEARNING FEDERATION
‘Working together to achieve excellence’
Provide an exceptional standard of educational provision for 2-19 year olds.
Share skills and best practice.
Share governance and strategic direction.
Support a smooth and effective transition for all pupils.
Provide wide ranging educational enrichment.
The Oaks Secondary School
If you would like to see details of how The Oaks complies with the Public Sector Equality Duty please read the Equalities Policy in the School Policies section.
- To provide pupils with a broad, balanced, and relevant curriculum, through which they experience a wide a range of appropriate educational opportunities
- To provide a safe, caring and supportive environment.
- To challenge and encourage pupils to achieve their potential in terms of academic achievement, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual, moral and cultural awareness.
- To encourage tolerance, understanding and respect for the cultures, rights, beliefs, feelings and property of others.
- To develop in pupils a responsible and independent attitude towards work and towards their future roles in society.
- To foster emotional and physical health and wellbeing
- To create a climate in which pupils’ self esteem and self confidence can grow and develop
- To enable pupils to achieve as much independence as possible during their time in school to prepare them to take their place as valuable and valued members of society.